Støtt Ukraina

Jaynes blogg

Søndag 28 Juni 2009 - Addis Abeba

ON MY WAY TO ETHIOPIA & OMO VALLEY

Travelling via Frankfurt to Ethiopia July 1st -- gonna do a 10 day trip down in the Omo Valley and visit all the different tribes that live there. We are travelling with a 4-wheel-drive car - its the only way to get around as the roads are horrible.

I was anticipatin having to spend several nights in a tent - but have learned that in the recent months (of 2009) a few resorts have been set up and we are now able to travel without camping NICE!
Im sure its gonna be very basic -- and I know there is no electricity during the night (and so buying car charger for the camera batteries) but gotta be better than a tent in the middle of the wilderness ;-)

We are travelling with SORA tours - arranged by Osman Ahmad - very nice guy and hes put up the most fantastic itinerary for us - we have food & accommodation , entrances etc - the whole lot included.
I was sceptical at first - but since there is no ATMs outside Addis & Arbaminch you need to travel with ALL the cash your gonna use from the start -- so makes it safer to prepay the tour agency - and just keep your money for souvenirs and personal stuff (incl photo fees - its a big deal down there).

I will keep you updated along the road -- wherever there is internet access -- watch out!
Del med andre:    

Skriv kommentar
Arkivet